Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Weekend Just for Us

This past weekend was really nice. For the first time in a really long while, we had absolutely no plans! This is a major thing for us because we're always running around and it was great to slow it down and do some local things, hang out and chill.

Since we're working on this whole one-nap a day thing.  We got up and got out Saturday morning.  They were announcing rain for most of the day, so we figured we'd take advantage of the good weather and hang at our local playground.  I love it there. We spend lots of time there and Jenna just loves it. Between the swings, the slides, the jungle gyms, she's one happy little girl. Had some brunch with my parents. Went to the local farmer's market (which is new in town) and bought some stuff for Mike for his NY Triathlon which is next Sunday.  Saw my brother for a little bit and just stayed close to home.  It was nice to have nowhere that we had to be. 

Sunday Mike took Jenna for a run (god how I love that jogging stroller!) and then we went to our playground which had an imagination playground.  It was super cool because although it's our same old playground, it had a bunch of new things to do for the day.  Then we went and got our free slurpies at 7-11...my first slurpie EVER.  (honestly, not so great, but my hubby loved it).  Went home for naptime and then ventured to a different playground in the afternoon.

This is the thing about this weekend - we didn't do anything too exciting or crazy, but the three of us got to spend a lot of time together doing stuff as a family.  Sometimes when we're running around, making all sorts of plans, I feel like I didn't get to spend time with my husband or my daughter.  So this weekend it was nice to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment