Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Pacifier Update

I have given in to the paci!

Pacifier - 1 / Mommy - 0

I tried (well not sure that you can call it a real attempt) to stop using the pacifier with Jenna. She only uses it for naps and night sleep - so you will only see it in her mouth in her stroller or crib.  She also did away with the bottle so easily - I'm talking one day she had 4 bottles, the next day only straw cups - didn't even notice they were missing. Anyway, I thought it was the perfect day to try - she had two great naps, but on the early side, so by the time I was ready to put her in to bed I knew she was super tired.  So I figured why not take it away tonight.  I kissed her good night and put on her sleep sack and placed her gently in the crib and then...she WAILED...and then I shoved the paci in her mouth, she turned over and went to sleep.  I kid you not - right to sleep - see you in the morning!

My husband and I go back and forth - well I go back and forth - he thinks if it's not broke than why fix it.  I am now on his team.  We are fortunate enough to have a pretty good sleeper.  It is definitely an exception when she gets up in the middle of the night.  For the most part she sleeps from around 7pm to 6am give or take a 1/2 hour on either end.  Why would we mess with this?  As Mike says, she's only 13 months....So I am officially done talking...err...complaining about the paciier.  For now it's going to be our friend. In fact, I think I'm going to buy some more so I don't have to look all over the place when she tosses them from the crib...

3 comments:

  1. I think I am going to take your advice and embrace the BF'ing... and not worry about weaning! It hard to remember that they wont be doing the paci, or boob forever!

    Plus... sleep is glorious! (as I write this at 6am)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could buy Adeline a pacifier addiction right now, I would. Enjoy the sleep! It is priceless!!! (This is coming from someone who currently celebrates anything more than 2 consecutive hours.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me laugh because I so think it will be me in a few months. I'm already dreading taking the paci from my daughter because it's a wonderful sleep aid. & really, if she goes to preschool with it someone will make fun of her and then she'll give it up because of embarassment right?!?! (KIDDING!!!)

    ReplyDelete