Monday, April 26, 2010

You know it's a good weekend...

When you wake up on Sunday morning and think it's Monday!! Awesome Feeling!

I think part of it was that I had two back to back ladies nights last week - that's right two in a row! Thursday and Friday I got some much needed ladies time with my friends...which included dinner, wine & cocktails (wine on thursday, cocktail on friday!), laughter, tears, and good times.

I have made some great girlfriends over the past year.  I never thought that I would meet new friends in my 30's but moving to this neighborhood and having Jenna opened up a whole new world to me.  We're such an eclectic mix - some are stay at home moms like me, others are back at work full time, some are part time, some have nannies, some have kids in daycare.  Some are from near here, some from far...some are planning to stay in the area, others are planning to move away - you get my drift.  But they've all been amazing friends to me and I am lucky to have them in my life!

Anyway so back to the weekend...Saturday we did something we don't usually do in the morning and when Jenna woke up (around 6 am), we brought her into bed with us.  We were both still tired (I got home kinda late) and we put on some Nick Jr. and we hung out in bed (which meant Mike and I closed our eyes and I think Jenna watched some TV).  It was nice to just get a lazy start to the day, unlike our usual get-up-and-go routine.  We had a great day with grandparents - grabbing brunch, playing at the park, getting ice cream, and napping (for Jenna) outside.  It was a rainy Sunday so it was the perfect day for chores (grocery shopping and new cell phones) and watching a bad movie (Bride Wars).

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a great weekend. I think Mr. Softee purposely is at the park when Im not there!

    ReplyDelete