Wednesday, June 15, 2011

To photoshop or not to photoshop

You know, I always find it weird when a simple comment that someone makes to you in passing sticks with you for a really long time.
This is the comment (almost verbatim) a friend of mine made to me almost a year ago after emailing me pictures of our kids out together: "I hope you don't mind, but I photoshopped the mark on J's face so you would have a nice picture."

You what?!?

You photoshopped my kid's face?!? Why would you do that? I don't even remember this "mark" on her face but I'm sure it was one of many since she's a kid and an active one at that...

And so that I would have a "nice picture"?? Umm now I have an incorrect picture of my kid because now I will always remember that there was a mark on her face that someone felt was so offensive that it had to be edited out.

J at her 2nd birthday with a rash on her face
(not edited!) A reminder that she's allergic to penicillin!

Just curious what other parents out there do...do you edit? or leave your kid as-is??

3 comments:

  1. Ummm, wow, your friend's comment is a bit... odd - and rude! I had a birth mark on my forehead when I was first born - it got darker when I got mad or upset, and Mommy called it my mood button. It has since faded, but it was part of me and we wouldn't photoshop my face... that's so weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an odd comment!!! I photoshop photos to enhance colors, work with shadows, etc. But never to change Peanut's face!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have a ballsy friend! If we don't accept our babies with rashes and scrapes and freckles now, what the hell kind of wreck teenagers and adults will they become?

    ReplyDelete