Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Back at Work...Sorta

I headed back to work for a planning day. Basically I got to spend the day with my fellow 3rd grade teachers and plan out the beginning of next year.  I went in without pay because I thought it would be a good way for me to "get me feet wet." Plus I got to see my class list and wrap my head around what work is going to be like for me next year...new grade, new teachers to work with, standardized tests....blah blah blah

It was hard to leave Jenna in the morning (my mom took off to take care of her) - I heard her crying as I left the house, but I knew she was in good hands.  And to be completely honest, it felt kinda good to be back - maybe it was because I knew it was only for a day, or maybe because it was definitely a worthwhile day at work (getting to plan like that is really awesome for a teacher), or maybe because ::eek:: I'm ready to go back to work. 

I am one of those lucky people who loves their job.  I seriously enjoy my time as a teacher and I actually think I'm pretty good at it.  So going back to work is not this horrible horrible thing for me.  And I think because I am kinda sorta looking forward to it - I'm feeling a little guilty.  I'm looking forward to being more than just a mommy (is that terrible?!?) I'm looking forward to talking about other kids, looking forward to complaining about paperwork or how everything is going to get done or how I'm going to get this kid to read....I also think I have the best job for a mommy - when push comes to shove, I only work for half the year, have many many many holidays off and (the obvious) every summer is mine to spend with my baby. 

And you know what else - coming home at the end of my day - Jenna RAN TO ME! It was the BEST mommy feeling in the whole world - she didn't forget who I was and wasn't mad that I abandoned her - but she was seriously psyched to see her mommy. And her mommy was just as psyched to see her baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment