Thursday, September 5, 2013

I forgot

II forgot how hard it is to drop your kid off at daycare that first time. That first week. 
I forgot that it takes them a while to get adjusted and that the days would be hard.
I forgot how my heart would hurt knowing that someone else is cuddling his tears away.


I dropped Jenna off for the first time two and a half years ago. She was a few months younger than Alex is now. I thought it would be easier the second time around...i know the teachers. I get pictures texted to me during the day. I am confident and comfortable with the daycare that they're in. He has his big sister there. 



I thought it would be easier...
it's not.

My little guy is 'adjusting' as we all are this week and the coming weeks to our 'new normal.' Getting up and dressed and out of the house early enough for everyone to get to work. All of us being in new classrooms with new friends and people around us.  The circus of picking both kids up after working all day, coming home, playing, cooking dinner, baths, and bedtime. 

I'm tired. Mike is tired. The kids are tired. 

We are all adjusting.


No comments:

Post a Comment