Thursday, August 22, 2013

I'm finally a member of sleep club

I'm always hesitant to write about sleep when sleep is good - it's kind of like Fight Club - first rule of Sleep Club is you don't talk about Sleep Club...
But I can't let this one go unspoken about...
Jenna has been sleeping in our room - on the floor - for (embarrassingly) close to a year (maybe longer). Obviously this has sucked. For many (ahem) reasons.
But I've already written about that - today is a bragging post.
We moved exactly a week ago and have slept here for 6 nights. And Jenna has slept in her (new) bed every.single.night.
Even when she's woken up in the middle of the night (for bathroom or bandaid fixing) she's always gone back without a single fuss. One morning when Alex kindly woke her at 5 am she even went back in by herself and went back to sleep.
When I tell you this has never happened in her 4+ years, I'm not exaggerating.
As my friend Tara said,whatever you paid for the house is already worth it since Jenna's finally sleeping well.
Whether it's the purple walls (Benjamin Moore's Lavendar Ice)  or her new furniture (from Bob's), something clicked for her and we are so proud of her and excited to have our room back!

No comments:

Post a Comment