Friday, June 25, 2010

Book Review

Unaccustomed Earth Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri



My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I haven't read short stories since high school and I forgot how much I enjoyed them. Lahiri is a great storyteller (both of her novels are must-reads as well) and what's great is that since the stories are short, it feels like you're moving through them quickly. I couldn't put this book down. The first set of short stories are independent of each other and the last three are tied together. I like that she doesn't always do the "happily ever after" kind of endings. They feel more real this way.



I've definitely been on a pretty good run lately with books - I just requested a few from the library that friends have recommended to me - I hope I stay on this run.



View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment