Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was really nice.  We had gone out Saturday night with some friends and since hubby was the designated driver I took it upon myself to have a few glasses of wine - which was wonderful at the time, but not so good for business Sunday morning. 
Mike let me sleep in (like really sleep in) and when I finally got my butt out of bed there were coffee and muffins waiting for me.  Apparently he had taken Jenna for a walk and I didn't even know it! We didn't do anything too crazy...brunch in the city with my parents, picking up shoes for Jenna (she grew a size and half!) and dinner at my brother's. 

I couldn't help but think about how different this mother's day was from last year.  Last year, we had this infant who I was just getting to know and who was still such a little squishy baby and this year, we have a toddler, who was running around (hence the new shoes) and eating at the table with us.  I kept saying throughout the day "we have such a big girl." 

I got a bunch of messages and texts wishing me a happy mother's day and feel really lucky that I get to celebrate this day along with the other mommies in my life.  (Is that weird - I've been a mom for over a year and yet I'm still in awe of the fact that I'm a mom?!?) This role continues to be the hardest, most rewarding thing I have ever done and Jenna is my proudest achievement. 

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment