I remember a time, not too long ago, when being sick and staying home meant 6 things:
1. I stayed in my "sick pants" all day
2. I didn't wear a bra
3. I laid on the couch all day
4. I watched dumb tv or movies
5. People (like my parents, husband and friends) felt bad for me and asked how I was
6. I bitched about being sick until I got better
This week marked the first time that J and I were sick together. Being sick took on a whole new meaning.
1. I had to change out of my sick pants because J vomitted all over them
2. I had to wear a bra because after J vomitted all over me, I found myself cleaning her up and changing her while I was naked- new sick panys and bra were then put on
3. I couldn't lay on the couch all day because J was crawling around and I should probably keep an eye on her
4. I tried to watch tv, but really...chasing her around doesn't allow for much tv time
5. I got many calls...all asking how J was feeling...really?!?!
6. I couldn't bitch - my poor baby was just as sick as I was (probably sicker)
The new meaning of sick days...