|Shipment from Fresh Direct came this morning - I was so excited|
I was keeping a log on my phone of my thoughts and feelings and it started with:
8 am...feeling ok not hungry...green juice is alright
And quickly declined to:
10:40 splitting headache....
2:00 (post nap) feel like shit...headache...nauseous...can't put anymore juice in my body.
|All the leftover juices - Who wants some?|
I will say eventually my headache did subside but that coincided with my decision to put real food in my body, so it may have been my body's way of thanking me.
So here I am a Juice Cleanse failure.
Things I've learned...
* I need to eat. I don't know what possessed me to think I could do this. Yom Kippur is hard enough for me - three days was obviously impossible.
* Maybe doing a cleanse the same week my daughter has strep throat, an ear infection and pink eye (that's where I got it from) was not the best idea. Also, I'm in the midst of taking care of an ear infection for myself and now pink eye and some other things with my own body...so yea, maybe not the best timing.
* Every blog/review/article I read said nothing about what it was like to do this with kids around. My life revolves around feeding two little people. I am constantly thinking about what their (our) next meal is going to be.
* Maybe I should have listened when Blueprint said to pre-cleanse for three days.
* Caffeine and I are good friends - maybe I indulge too much but it's not the worst thing. Also wine and I - yea we're BFFs - it's alright.
* I need to be okay with my body where it is right now - this body produced two people....I need to cut it some slack.
* I need to drink more water - probably the best thing to come out of this failed attempt was that I realized how little water I've been drinking...so congratulations Blueprint Cleanse - for 150+ dollars you taught me I need to drink water...never heard that one before.