Here's a sampling of some of the "rules" that we had to
1. Do not have fun.
2. No child under 3 is allowed in the pool.
3. All children must be fully potty trained in order to use the pool.
4. No food or beverages near the pool area.
5. Any questions? See rule #1.
I spent the weekend:
1. Lying about my 2 1/2 year old's age - I even had her saying "I'm 3!"
2. Trying to explain to my toddler why she couldn't have a snack by the pool.
3. Although she's mostly potty trained, I had her in swim diapers - I had to lie about this as well - when asked - which I was.
4. Arguing with an 80+ year old woman about these rules.
Before the "No fun" rules!
Some asked me why we didn't just go to the beach - and it was 30+ minutes away and I don't know if you've ever been to Florida in August, but it's ridiculously HOT. To drive thirty minutes and spend an hour at the beach with all the gear just wasn't worth it.
On a sidenote: I think that the next rule should be: Over 80 must wear a diaper...I'm just sayin'.