Monday, July 25, 2011

You call that Well-Adjusted?!?

This weekend, we had a babysitter for the first time.  For those that know me well, this is kind of shocking, since I am pretty willing to leave my kid home while we go out - but in truth for the last 2+ years, she's been left with only family members, with the exception of one time (thanks, Kelli & Tara!)

So, needless to say, we were a little nervous apprehensive about the evening.  We stayed close to home (just in case...) and only went out for a couple of hours.

When our babysitter arrived, I gave her all the important information and then I gave her the list of "what to do when we leave and she cries." This included: ice pops, nail polish, beach balls and Dora band aids - I wanted to make sure she had an arsenal of super-fun things to distract J from her parents departure.  (I was especially worried about the actual act of leaving since Mike had just walked in from work and we were literally going to just head back out - so no time with Daddy).

I told J we were about to leave - and she started to pout, so I said to her "go ask A-- if she'll give you an ice pop" - cue distraction.  We left and from outside the apartment we didn't hear anything.  And when we got home, the babysitter said that she literally did not cry at all.  Awesome! We have such a well-adjusted little girl - woo hoo!!

And then the babysitter left.  Cue WATERWORKS!! Seriously?!? You don't shed a tear for us, but for brand new cool, young babysitter, you cry?!?  So well adjusted my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment