Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Book Review - Let the Great World Spin

Let the Great World SpinLet the Great World Spin by Colum McCann


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I liked this book. I think. It's the first time in a while where I'm not really sure how I felt about a book. It was engaging, the characters were definitely interesting and the interweaving of the stories was done in a really beautiful way. But something was missing for me. But I can't put my finger on it.

It takes place in NY and centers around the man who walked across the twin towers on a tightrope. (An amazing story and I've actually seen a foreign film based on his life) It follows some interesting story line - mothers who lost their sons in Vietnam, prostitutes who 'work' in the Bronx projects, Irish immigrant brothers,local artists, among others.

I liked the book, it kept my attention but I wasn't sad when it ended. And I think it would be a better movie...



View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment