Saturday, July 10, 2010

Book Review

Her Mother's Hope (Marta's Legacy, #1)Her Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This is one of those multi-generational, epic novels which follows the women in the family from early 1900's Europe to post WWII America. It was good - it kept my attention - I read it fast. The relationships in the story were relatable and I found myself wanting things for different characters. I like it when I feel like I "really" know the characters in the book and I had that with Her Mother's Hope. BUT...it was a little soap-opera-y for me. And I didn't realize that this is part of a two-book series, so for the me the ending kind of left me hanging. (I'm not sure if the second book is out yet and not even sure if I would read it)

Would I recommend this book? Yeah it's definitely a good story and a page turner

Do I think it was amazing? No



View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment