Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Good Eats


I love to cook and I especially love good summer meals that aren't too heavy and don't make my kitchen a freaking sauna. 
This past week, my good friend over at Baby to Go told me about a great Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa) recipe for Gazpacho

Ingredients


1 hothouse cucumber, halved and seeded, but not peeled
2 red bell peppers, cored and seeded
4 plum tomatoes
1 red onion
3 garlic cloves, minced
23 ounces tomato juice (3 cups)
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup good olive oil
1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Roughly chop the cucumbers, bell peppers, tomatoes, and red onions into 1-inch cubes. Put each vegetable separately into a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse until it is coarsely chopped. Do not overprocess!

After each vegetable is processed, combine them in a large bowl and add the garlic, tomato juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well and chill before serving. The longer gazpacho sits, the more the flavors develop.


I followed the recipe EXACTLY and it came out amazing!!


We paired it with some home-made chicken nachos (just to make the meal a little healthier - not really).  We used some leftover chicken from a rotisserie that we had added cheese, tomatoes, olives, and some guac....

Happy Eating!

1 comment:

  1. yummo and thanks for the shout out! I plan to make more gazpacho today. I even skipped the food processor and used my Vidalia Chop WIzard, one of those buy on TV gadgets that work well!

    ReplyDelete